Tuesday, June 11, 2002

The temperature broke 90 degrees yesterday. Humidity was also high. It was excellent weather to be showing an air-conditioned home with a pool. If this weather keeps up, I shouldn't have much trouble attracting additional offers. Our home was included in the latest version of the real-estate news. It appeared on a page directly across from another property, about three streets over from us, which also featured an in-ground pool. Their house has a nicer frontage than ours, and their pool appears larger in the photograph (though it's hard to tell, because their backyard photo only shows the pool - no surrounding yard). When I first saw their ad, I was concerned that we might have serious competition, until I saw that they were asking $25,000 more for their home than we were. I know what mine is appraised for, and that's what we've asked, so it's really not productive to speculate on why there is such a big difference in asking price. I guess I just have to satisfy myself that there are few people looking at my house that could afford to buy his.

And hopefully, people who can afford to buy his might look at mine as being a "steal", and offer me full asking price.... oh I'm sorry, I must have fallen asleep at the keyboard and started dreaming...

No comments: