Saturday, December 21, 2002

Honey, I'm done!

How ironic that the only person in my family that doesn't read my blog is my wife. She got turned off blogs during the not-too-distant blog wars, and hasn't been back. Not that she doesn't find out what's on the blog - she simply learns it second-hand from her daughters or from in-laws.

Well, I just want to announce that I've completed my Christmas shopping. That's right, there won't be any late-night trips to the 7-11 for last minute gifts. And I won't have to go back to Wal-Mart on Tuesday either. I found another retailer that was better stocked.

As always, I discussed most of my gift ideas with my wife ahead of time (if there's anything worse than not being surprised by what's under the tree, it's being disappointed by what's under the tree). Still, I managed to find a couple of unexpected gems that will be a true surprise (hopefully a pleasant one).

And, to keep the secret for as long as possible, I've even decided to do my wrapping before I travel home. So, the gifts will be ready for the tree the minute I reach the house.

No more hints here. After all, I wouldn't want my wife to find out!

No comments: