Friday, October 24, 2003

Of Mice and Men

Yes, we have mice. The sucker that went into the closet died of dehydration. I've seen at least three identifiably different ones since that first encounter; including one that was inside the poison trap when I picked it up to take a look. Yeww! I don't know which of us was more surprised. He took off down the side of the refrigerator, and I tried to crush him between the fridge and the adjacent wall. Unfortunately, the wall is done in faux-brick, so there were enough indentations for him to survive my attempt.

We've currently got three feeding stations set up, and we're seeing dwindling food at all three stations. That's bad news for the mice, but also indicates we have a serious infestation. If we don't get them killed off soon, I think my wife will insist on an exterminator.

At least I haven't seen any more of the critters running through my office.

No comments: