Friday, April 22, 2005

Finally - it's official

I'm unemployed (well, not quite yet, but I've received my termination notice). I've taken note for some time that the queue of pending assignments was shrinking. There were times when I had to beg for work to keep me busy. And then there were those assignments that looked like they'd be a piece of cake, only to turn into quagmires. The combination of inefficiencies and lack of work were my ultimate undoing. My boss still wants me to work on a piece-work basis (translation: work when we need you, with no benefits). I may keep that option alive, but only until I can find something more stable.

I'm not ruling out a more entrepreneurial direction, but right now, money's really tight - so I have to find a position with a regular paycheque. I think I was a lot more depressed on Tuesday and Wednesday. Having had some time for the shock to hit me, I'm a bit calmer. But only a bit.

No comments: