Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Happy anniversary

It's not quite the right day (February 26, 2002 is the exact date), but in case I forget, it has been four years since I started this blog.

As I read some of the older posts, I can see a transition in my life, my attitudes towards people and things, and my relationships with various people maturing. That's a good thing, since I was even more selfish and unreasonable then than I am now. But at least I'm working on it.

I wish the good days would come back to my memory as easily as the bad, but I guess that's the nature of things. The blog has witnessed the loss of two jobs, the birth of two grandchildren, the death of my father, and most recently, the launch of a new career. There's lots to read in those archives, and I'll have to take some time to go over them more carefully.

I had never kept a diary in my life before starting this blog, so it's kind of neat that I've kept it up for this long. There have been times when I've gone quite a while between posts, but there hasn't been a time when I seriously considered stopping. Well, that's enough tripping down memory lane. We now return you to the present.

No comments: