Monday, September 18, 2006

Surprise!

Today is my wife's 50th birthday! So to surprise her, we celebrated two days ago. And when I say "we", I mean every relative and friend I could lay my hands on with the short notice required to maintain secrecy. There were twenty-one guests at the party even though invitations had only been issued a maximum of five days before the event. There was even one guest who received an invitation at 12:10PM (guests were to arrive by 12:15, with the party beginning at 12:30). That was because my wife generally spends time with this person on Saturday mornings, and I didn't want any possibility of a leak. When I explained why the invitation was issued so late, the guest acknowledged that the secret might have slipped out.

Anyway, I've included a couple of pictures from the event... one of my wife about 10 minutes after the surprise was sprung (note how she still hasn't recovered), and one picture showing the group of people who gathered to honour my wife on her special day.




Still not recovered from the shockBoth families (and friends) showed up for the occasion

No comments: