Monday, October 03, 2011

No, THAT'S amazing

So, I'm at Costco doing my weekly grocery shopping when I walk by the TV section. Playing on the tube is the Detroit Lions/Dallas Cowboys game. I glance at the score (27-3 Dallas, in the 3rd quarter) and make a mental note: I guess Detroit will be 3-and-1 after today. I had that thought DESPITE the Lions having overcome a 20-0 deficit last week to beat the Minnesota Vikings. After all, last weekend, the Lions were healthy. This weekend, they were missing one of their best starters.

I didn't think about the game again until a few minutes ago, when I saw the caption "Lions stun Cowboys" at the top of my local newspaper's online edition. And then, I went to the NFL website to look at the highlights.

Sure, the Lions are ONLY 4-0, with no guarantee of even a winning season yet. However, when you add to that the perfect record in their pre-season, and the perfect last month of the last season (where the finished the season with a 4-and-0 effort), that makes TWELVE games in a row where the Lions have been victorious. This must surely be a source of inspiration, and I'm looking forward to the rest of this promising season.

No comments: