Wednesday, June 25, 2014

I am Here

I am Here

Chris Hadfield, the Canadian astronaut who became world famous for his outreach to children while orbiting the earth on the Space Station is about to publish a book.  The book contains photos of every continent, taken from space during a single, 92-minute pass around the globe.  The cover of his book features a snapshot of the US-Canada border showing the Detroit River, which separates Detroit, Michigan, USA from Windsor, Ontario, Canada.



Some have speculated that there is significance in this photo - that from space, there are no "borders".

I find it significant because, if you view the photo under a high-powered microscope, it's possible to see my home, my car, and even me - flipping the bird to a fellow driver.

Thank you, Chris, for capturing me at my best.

No comments: