Tuesday, October 08, 2019

What's wrong with this picture



So, I'm reading CNN.com today, and I come across this article about one of the kidnappers in the infamous case that "inspired the movie Dirty Harry".  This particular entry in the franchise was one of my favourites, and the actor who played the crazed kidnapper really should have received an award for his over-the-top portrayal of a psychotic killer.

But, answer me this... how does a 1976 kidnapping inspire a 1971 movie???  Now, if someone said the movie acted as the catalyst for the kidnapping, that I would understand (can anyone say "Helter Skelter")?

This evening, I attended the Kol Nidre service, marking the beginning of the Yom Kippur fast.  I guess it takes an evening without snacking to draw me back into blogging.

No comments: