Friday, August 23, 2002

Happy Anniversary to me! And good luck to Michele!

August 23rd, 1990 was one of the happiest days of my life. Despite my being unemployed, the woman of my dreams had decided she would marry me anyway, and the drunken preacher (and I use the word preacher loosely) lost his place and made me say "I do" TWICE. My wife is always teasing me about my obligations being twice as binding as hers - just as I tease her that I'm not sure we're legally married.

The past twelve years have seen us raise her three children as a family, become grandparents once (with another on the way, I just found out yesterday), and go through some of the most exciting career progressions (low to high to low) imaginable. Through it all, we've remained committed to our love, faithful to each other, and thankful for what we have. We have been blessed with reasonably good health, both for ourselves and those we hold dear, and in balance, we can't really complain about much.

I deeply love and cherish my wife and hope that we will have many more beautiful, wonderful years together.


To my friend Michele who will be marrying Justin tomorrow, August 24th, 2002, I wish you luck, love, and success.

No comments: