Thursday, January 06, 2005

Climb every mountain

My sister's known for some time, although she didn't let the cat out of the bag until yesterday. Her son, the one with vocal political aspirations since his pre-teen years, has received yet another promotion. I still have the first business card he was issued when his party's leader won the last election. The official government crest was quite impressive, as was the heading on the card (in deference to my sister's request, I won't divulge any more). That first position "Special Assistant" was probably very important, but to me, it sounded almost like a patronage position. The next step, "Deputy Director" was the real thing as far as I was concerned. And now, he's the "Director" of the branch. There's only one guy above him on the entire government org-chart, the premier himself! And did I mention my nephew only just turned 26?

If I sound proud and boastful, it's because I am.

correction
Though I couldn't find it when I looked, my sister has informed me there is a "Chief of Staff" between my nephew and the premier. So, I guess I'll have to be happy thinking of him as Toby Ziegler instead of Leo McGarry C.J. Cregg.

No comments: