Friday, December 30, 2005

Today was alright...

My foot was feeling well enough to hobble along without much discomfort. I'm still favouring the foot, but the pain is substantially reduced. On the other hand, my cold has gotten worse, and I did a lot of coughing and throat clearing today. Normally, that wouldn't be so bad, except today I had a job interview. The people doing the interview had been told in advance about my foot and my cold, so I hope that was taken into account.

Interaction between them and me went smoothly, with each of us feeling quite comfortable. All questions were answered candidly, but in a positive fashion. Where there was a lack of knowledge in a particular field of expertise, I pointed out that none of those areas would be difficult to master with a bit of on the job training, and that I had other skills that could be transfered to other members of the support staff.

There were the standard "soft" questions to try to flush out my psychological profile. I have no way to tell how I did on those questions, since they weren't the standard questions you learn about from some of the recruiting websites. Still, I came away feeling that if I decide not to pursue self-employment, I may still be able to get a "real job".

No comments: