Thursday, March 22, 2012

That's just creepy

I just finished sending an email to someone using my Gmail account. It was intended to help the person solve a technical issue, and I asked him how his disk drive was attached to his computer.

As I hit the "send" button, Gmail did not immediately send my message. Instead, it popped up a box saying something like: "You used the phrase is attached in your message, but you haven't attached any file to this message. Did you intend to do so?"

Now, I realize people forget to attach files to their emails once in a while. Hell, I have forgotten it myself more than once. But, I think it goes too far to have Google try to interpret what I mean in my messages unless I'm performing a search. Unless I ask for help with my grammar, I'd prefer Google just do what I ask.

No comments: