Saturday, August 03, 2002

Happy Anniversary, Edna & Bob!

I just got back home a few minutes ago, having attended the 50th wedding anniversary of my wife's aunt & uncle. They're really wonderful people, and the extended family was there in full force. Unfortunately, at that age, minor aches and pains (as well as more serious ailments) can keep you down... and two of Edna's sisters (whom we had hoped would be visiting from out of town) were unable to make it. Despite this, the event was well attended with representations from four generations present.

It was an opportunity to see people I hadn't seen in quite some time - to renew acquaintances and catch up on news. A few months ago, I had decided to try the newer NiMH batteries, because they were supposed to be much better (i.e. longer lasting) in digital cameras. Tonight was the acid test. Although we had two sets of batteries with us, we only needed one set to take 72 pictures (that was the limit on the camera's memory). If I had had more memory, we could have taken more pictures - the batteries held up quite well.

Anyway, I may post a few pictures featuring my wife, kids, and granddaughter. Now that the freebie jpg crunchers are no longer available, I will have trouble posting low-bandwidth pictures. If anyone knows of any FREE ones still available, please let me know in the comments.




No comments: