Saturday, June 21, 2003

Technology is your friend

I installed the KVM switch today. I love it. My wife loves it (I sent her pictures of how it looks, and how it helps me clear my desk). It's allowed me to effortlessly switch between computers and applications without lifting my head from the screen or fingers from the keyboard. I don't know how I did without it for so long.

I saw a device today at the mall. I think it's a discontinued internet appliance, and I asked the salesperson why it was on sale (2/3 off until tomorrow). I think I saw things like this two or three years ago, but this one looks more modern. I'm trying to find information about it on the web. Basically, it's a telephone with a large, colour LCD screen. The write-up says it can be used to browse the internet and send/receive email. I'm thinking of getting it for my parents and for my mother-in-law. The only thing holding me back, at this point, is not being able to see one in person.

No comments: