Tuesday, September 30, 2003

Tempus fugit

I can't believe it's been 10 days since my last post. That coincides quite nicely with the fact that I've been so very busy, I haven't even had the opportunity to update my timesheet at work. This morning, I finally got around to it after 11 days of not filling it out. Luckily, I keep a daily diary, so going back over it brings back all the relevant billable details. Steill, 10 days without a post...

The Jewish New Year came and went without much fanfare. I enjoyed spending time with my dad in the synagogue. At 83, he still has the majority of hand/arm strength he had as a young adult. He took great pleasure in clasping my hand and squeezing the crap out of it. In truth, there is the slightest bit of (dare I say) weakness in his grip, but only relative to his overpowering strength as a younger man. I'm sure there isn't a bottle cap that's a match for his current strength.

During the past days, I delivered a pet project to my boss at work. He's been too busy to comment on it yet, but I know he's going to be impressed. This little beauty of a utility will save us between 8 and 10 manhours of effort each week. That translates into quite a big payoff over the long haul. In fact, while I was working on it, he let me know that he had submitted my name as a potential presenter at a national conference, and this week, I found out that my submission was accepted. So, in November, I will present my utility at a conference in the U.S.

My regular duties at work have been keeping me very busy as well, and so far, knock wood, I haven't had the need to make a trip back to Toronto. All that could change if the boss requires that I do a dry run of my presentation for my colleagues at work before going to the conference.

That's about it. Just working, with not much time for entertainment. I did take a couple of hours to see Under the Tuscan Sun last weekend with my wife. We really enjoyed it. When it comes out on DVD, it will definitely be added to our collection.

That's about it for now. Gotta get some sleep!


No comments: