Friday, October 03, 2003

Family Pride

When my nephew was three years old, he warned me to stop talking "baby talk" to him - otherwise he would stop talking to me altogether. When he was 10, he told me of his interest in politics, and that he aspired to being premier of Ontario. The fact that he said "Ontario" instead of "Canada" spoke volumes of his intelligence and drive. It made me believe he had plans, not just dreams. Yesterday, he came one step closer to his wish. As an inner-circle political advisor and policy critic, first on the staff of Sandra Pupatello and now Dalton McGuinty, my nephew finds himself on the personal staff of the premier of Ontario. He's just 24 years old.

I have no doubts his ambition will see him go further. I just hope I'm still alive to see it come to fruition.

Congratulations, Aaron. Oh yeah, you too, Dalton!

No comments: