Thursday, July 08, 2004

What a bummer

I visited my dad on Tuesday evening, and remembered to bring the lancing device. The nurses have been manually using a lancette to pierce his finger to test for blood sugar. He's been wincing from the pain. So, I brought a spare lancing device from my old testing kit.

I got a call tonight from my mom, who reported that the device has gone missing. I don't know if it simply got tangled up in some clothing, or fell on the floor, or was taken by one of the staff (who don't have their own lancing devices).

I'm going to do a search, and I will be able to recognize it. I prominently marked the lancing device with my dad's name, and I'm sure whoever took it rubbed off the name to cover their tracks. But I'm just as sure they didn't know I also labeled the INSIDE of the device in such a way that the mark can only be viewed when you're specifically looking for it. Someone's gonna get caught with stolen goods!

No comments: