Saturday, October 23, 2004

Back to earth

The past week is best described as uneventful. With two of the major stresses removed, life has become - dare I say - boring! Yes, I know the blog is boring. But now, so is life!

That's not all bad.

The only exciting thing around here is anticipation over the U.S. elections. Living in a Canadian border town, our lives are inexorably linked to those of the Americans living a mere two miles away. Not only are our economies dependent on similar industries and the commerce of cross-border traffic, but the threat of terrorism is quite high in this area, with some of the world's largest corporations having either headquarters or major centres of commerce in this area.

Add to that the fact that within 10 miles of my Jewish home is the second largest Arabic population outside of the Middle East, and you can see why I'm more than a little concerned. Am I paranoid? Perhaps. But a healthy dose of paranoia can be good. It teaches me to be careful.

No comments: