Saturday, October 09, 2004

I'll miss you, Kare

I've been part of the blogging scene for more than 2-1/2 years. Not exactly one of the early adopters, but still, around for quite a while. When I began to blog, I did so because I had been reading other blogs and thought the idea of having my very own site where I could express my own opinions, share information about things of interest only to me, and generally offer an area where friends and relatives could keep tabs on my goings-on would be cool.

One of sites I had read back in those days was Kare's. Her perspective was one I could relate to, as was her writing style. It wouldn't be technically correct to call her a friend, though we did exchange emails through the years, and despite changes to her hosting and the occasional hiatus, I followed her and kept tabs. In fact, of all the links to other blogs I have on my site, hers was the very first one.

It was disappointing to see that her link had stopped functioning recently, but I became a bit spooked when I noticed that someone else who had links to Kare's blog had substituted an ominous message. Having recently lost my father, I guess I have death on the brain, and I jumped to the conclusion that Kare was no longer among the living. That's why I was so relieved today, when, in response to a query, Kare replied to an email saying that she was, in fact, alive and well.

I can't tell you, Kare, how happy I was to hear that, despite the fact that I won't have the opportunity to read your words any more.

I have officially retired your link, but hope, Kare, if you see this message, that you keep me in your thoughts, and inform me if and when you decide to rejoin the blogging universe.

No comments: