Tuesday, March 21, 2006

eBay update

I was on my computer to watch the end of the auction. Questions had been posed by people who had obviously not read the auction write-up, and had a negative ebay rating. And I was getting bids from people who had less than 3 rating points. As the auction grew near its close, I was afraid I'd be dealing with newbies who had no intention of consumating the deal. Then, with a couple of minutes to go, I received a slightly higher bid from someone with a credible rating. Even though I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw the bid, there was still time for this buyer to get sniped.

Fortunately for me, that didn't happen, and I was happy to see an experienced ebayer win the auction. However, my mood changed when I got the email from ebay informing me of the win, and realized that the winning bidder was NOT a local resident. My listing had made it clear that the TV had to be picked up in person. It turns out that the winning bidder, while living several hundred kilometres away, was raised here, and still has family in the city. They will be making a trip next week to pick up the set. In the meantime, full payment has already been received.

All's well that ends well.

No comments: