Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Amazing progress

I've had the most productive 48 hours, vis-a-vis my baseball project than I've had in any other 2-day period in over four years. I don't know whether the online resources I've recently discovered were always there but lay undiscovered, or whether the baseball gods smiled down on me and provided me with the missing link I've been searching for. I've written a program that has been generating remarkably accurate game predictions more-or-less in real time for the past two baseball seasons, after having back-tested it on historical data from seasons 2000 through 2004. The only stumbling block that has kept me from trying to sell the predictions was a technical issue that just may be solved before the end of this month. I am so excited I can barely contain my enthusiasm. Check out the prior years' "paper betting" results here.

No comments: