Friday, April 08, 2011

More good news


Job Reclassification

My wife learned earlier this week that her attempt to have the job reclassified was successful. What this means is an immediate and significant bump in pay (retroactive to the date when the reclassification request was made). Not only will this improve our living situation, it will also have a very positive effect on her pensionable income, since her pension will be based on her highest five years of earnings.


New Clients

When I started this latest business venture, I didn't expect my clients to have a need for my services again if I did a good job. But, I hadn't factored in that satisfied clients come to you for other services, not just repairs, once you've earned their trust. So, I've gotten used to having a relatively small, but loyal, base of repeat clients.

That's why it's particularly gratifying when my advertising and word of mouth referrals result in new business. This week has been particularly good, with two brand new clients, and a repeat client from more than two years ago needing my assistance.

No comments: