Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Gimme a break!

Can you believe it? Going into its final week, the "Big Break - Indian Wells" golf challenge has only two contestants left standing - both Canadians!

I've only watched this show for the last four or five seasons, so I can't say whether there has been a Canadian winner prior to when I began watching. I can say that in seasons I've watched, there has almost always been at least one Canadian in the field, but none ever made it this far.

Whether the winner turns out to be David Byrne, from neighboring Essex, Ontario, or Kent Eger from Regina, Saskatchewan; the real winner will be Canadians who will feel a bit of pride at being guaranteed a one-two finish in the game.

Heck, after tonight's episode, the online version of our local newspaper featured a story and picture featuring David. Tomorrow, no doubt, he'll be front page news.

No comments: