Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Dazed and Depressed

I just looked through a few of my favourite blog posts. Like the one from July 2004 that showed a happy picture of my dad before he got sick and passed away.

The picture was gone. It was one of the casualties of my ISP's purge of web space accounts. The photo is also on my phone, so I know I have at least one good backup. That's the problem. I do full computer backups every day - and have been doing so for over 20 years.

Because I have so many backups, I sometimes purge files from my computer to make more room - knowing the files have been backed up, somewhere.

I'm not panicking about this particular sentimental file. But there may be others that are harder to find.

It just hit me as I was about to publish this post. My oldest backups were made with old backup programs that are no longer published and/or not compatible with Windows 10. Now I'm starting to panic.

P.S.  It's my wedding anniversary today.

No comments: