Sunday, January 18, 2004

"D" is for ...

Yesterday, I unhappily reported that my new paintings would not be framed in time to be displayed for company. What I didn't say is that I pleaded with the framer to try to get it done that day. It's funny... my sister doesn't read my blog too often, but yesterday, she happened to see my remarks about the paintings, and immediately sent an email acknowledging she had read the blog entry, and was aware the paintings would not be on display.

Maybe three hours after I posted that piece, I got a call from the gallery. They had finished doing the frames and we could pick them up any time. My first inclination was to blog about it and post pictures of the framed works. Then, I decided to keep it a surprise - just in case my sister read the blog again before coming over. Knowing me, and my penchant for pulling last minute surprises, my sister asked me straight out while we were at the restaurant whether the framing had been completed. I continued eating and didn't answer, pretending to have not heard the question (my hearing is sub-par, so that sometimes works).

After dinner, when we headed back to our place for a movie night, the pictures were hard to miss. They went over well with my sister and brother-in-law. I don't know if they will buy anything from the gallery, but we did visit the website, and they were able to locate reproductions by an artist that strikes their fancy (I've never heard of this person). Anyway, the surprise was maintained, and I got the satisfaction of seeing their faces as they viewed the paintings for the first time.

Just call me devious.

And here are the paintings, framed and hung...

Hanging over the fireplace
Hanging over the fireplace

Hanging on the livingroom wall
Hanging on the livingroom wall

No comments: