Saturday, January 03, 2004

They arrived - but not in time for Christmas

I had ordered hand-painted reproductions of well-known paintings as a Christmas gift for my wife. They were ordered at the beginning of December, and I had hoped they'd arrive in time for Christmas. Due to a shipping snafu, they were sent to Ontario, New York, instead of Ontario, Canada. Needless to say, they floated around in limbo for a while before actually making it into Canada. Then, they were stuck at Canadian Customs over the Christmas holiday. We finally got them on Dec. 30th. After the paintings were ordered, I started searching for people who could do a good job of stretching and framing the work. I finally found someone, and today, we dropped off the paintings at the framer's gallery. They should be ready within the next two weeks.

Here are JPG's of the art we purchased:







We like the artist's work so much, we've already placed an order for an additional painting:




This could become an ongoing obsession, since my wife and I have similar tastes in art.

No comments: