Thursday, February 28, 2002

Damn. I just entered a VERY LONG post, and it vanished when I hit the publish button. Now, I see a message on the site saying publishing is temporarily unavailable. Am I pissed? You bet. I just spent more than 15 minutes typing, and didn't reread the post or save anything. SHIT!!!

How has my day been so far... I went to the office to turn in my end of month paperwork. This month, that comprises a timesheet, end of month status report, an updated resume, and an expense report. While I was at the office, I took time to talk with several of my colleagues; getting their take on the current state of affairs at the company, and finding out as much as I could about available spots.

Also while there, I found out that a long-tme acquaintance of mine (I've known him for over 20 years) was leaving the company, effective today. I hadn't known in advance, and missed the opportunity to say my goodbyes. Scuttlebutt is that he was resigning because his authority and stature at the company were but a shadow of what they had been. He's been there nearly 20 years. Now, with several reorganizations, his title had been stripped, and he was reporting to a 20-something account manager. My guess is he's about 57, and just can't get used to reporting to someone who's younger than his children.

When I got home from the office, there was lots in the mailbox, none of it for me. Jonathan, my step-son, has been working full time since last summer. He's had lots of jobs, some for as few as a day or two. Now, the mailbox is overflowing with tax slips for his earnings. I sure hope he's due for a refund, because I don't think he's begun to learn about saving some of the money he's been earning.

Another piece of mail was a bible CD. My wife purchased bible software over the internet. Although she was immediately able to download the bulk of the software from the internet, some of the multi-media features were more efficiently contained on a CD. She's been waiting almost two weeks for it to arrive. She'll be happy when she gets her hands on it.

DAMN, my glasses just broke!!!! I was just sitting here, resting my head on my hand, when one of the arms just fell off. I guess I must have been flexing the metal frames, but I wasn't conscious of it. It appears there's a very narrow point where the arms attach to the glasses-frame. It just gave way. I don't have money to replace this stuff. I hope it's covered under some sort of warranty. Something else to keep me occupied tomorrow...

I'm pretty much bummed out now, so I'll just stop here.

No comments: