Thursday, February 28, 2002

When I sat down to write the last blogger entry, I had something in mind, then I completely got off track... so here's the original message. For the majority of the day, I've been dealing with a situation where a router somewhere in North America has shut down, and it's the only damn path available to me to get to Benway's site. I feel like a junkie, standing behind a glass wall, able to see my source of gratification, but unable to make contact.

Steve told me I could use mirc to get into the chat room, but the version of mirc that I'm using doesn't seem to want to cooperate. Each time I tried to log on, I was either informed that no connections were available, or that the server I was trying to use would not authorize me. The frustrating thing is, when I first installed mirc, Benway had been using ICQNET, and the default connection to that net is working flawlessly. But, when I try to reconfigure to use IRCNET, it just doesn't want to work.

What's even more frustrating is seeing Steve add to his blogger virtually at the same time I am adding to mine, and I have no way to contact him via chat.

I'm hoping things will be cleared up by morning (or later this morning). Again, good night!

No comments: