Saturday, September 04, 2004

I could have danced all night

Just got home from the reception. Long story short... great reception, great choice of music, great exercise.

There are probably some at the party who laughed under their breath. There may have been some that laughed out loud. I don't care. I had a great time. Normally, when my wife and I go to a party that features dance music, we do two or three slow ones, and maybe one fast one. That's all my wife's knees and hips can usually bear. Tonight, for whatever reason, she was able to dance two slow dances and three or four fast ones! Incredible. But what was more incredible was my level of energy. I usually sit not-so-still when she gets to the point where she's tuckered out. Not-so-still as in "dancing in my chair". Tonight was different. When I got the urge to dance, I danced. Whether she joined me or not didn't really matter.

I left the party thoroughly drenched in sweat. I have never been that wet without being immersed in a pool, bathtub or shower. But it was FUN! Perhaps the sight of me dancing circles around her was what got my wife on her feet more than normal. Whatever the reason, our dancing was intimate and my insane solos were uplifting.

Not to mention the number of calories I must have burned tonight!

No comments: