Monday, June 12, 2006

1-5-7

This will probably be the last post about my grandson's funeral and followup events. At the funeral home, we left a guest book out for mourners to sign. I know for a fact that not everyone at the funeral home signed the book. But when all was said and done, there were 157 names in the book. That's at least 157 people who knew our families and thought well enough about us to attend and actually sign the book. We (i.e. my wife and I) have also received a great many cards from various individuals and families. I can only imagine that my daughter received at least as many herself. Thank you all for your expressions of support.

Also, through the generous donations of friends and family, I can report that my daughter was able to purchase a proper memorial stone for the grave site, and also received enough cash to enable the family to make their first-and-last rent payment to the landlord of the home they had hoped to move into. Come July, they will be out of the place that reminds them of their son, and will start fresh in their three-bedroom home, with a porch and backyard. I wish them well.

For anyone reading this blog who wishes to check the obituary and perhaps leave a message of condolence, please use this link.

No comments: