Sunday, June 18, 2006

How I spent Father's Day

It was a Sunday not much different than any other, except when I got home from morning prayers, my wife greeted me with Father's Day gifts and a card. The gifts were very appropriate, as they normally are, and the card was quite apropos. Afterward, she went to church, and when she got home, we enjoyed lunch together before heading out to a campers' trailer park to celebrate her father's birthday/Father's Day. Normally, I don't like being out in the woods with all the insects, but today, for some reason, the insects were less annoying, and I managed to enjoy the afternoon out by the lake.

While there, we met up with my wife's brother and sister-in-law. After leaving the campground together, we ate an enjoyable supper before going our separate ways. So now, it's early in the evening, and I get a chance to relax with no distractions.

I hope all you other fathers enjoyed your special day as well.

No comments: