Monday, May 02, 2011

I survived!

Well, sort of. Surgery was scheduled for 9:00AM, and I checked into the hospital at 7:00. Things went smoothly during preparation (although they had to try twice to get an IV line in me), and I was wheeled into the O.R. a few minutes before 9:00AM.

I got to see the surgeon before being put to sleep... and then I remember waking up.

The surgeon was standing over me, crying! Then I found out that she had slipped on something in the operating room, fallen down, and broken her arm! Thank goodness she fell before starting to cut! Her tears were tears of pain - I don't know if she had already been to the doctor to have her arm set (I was too groggy, and without my glasses, so I can't recall seeing a cast or sling) - but I think she also felt sorry for me. She was so apologetic.

After all the preparation, and my wife having to use a vacation day on very short notice to accompany me to an out-of-town surgery, nothing happened. The surgery has been postponed indefinitely.

No comments: