Friday, May 27, 2011

Seeking a clear vision

My last eye exam was in February. Since then, I've been trying to get a pair of glasses. The first attempt ended prematurely when the optician called with news that the lab had cut my lenses to the wrong size, and they were too small for my chosen frame.

Next, after a wait of more than two weeks, I got a pair that had the grinding done to the wrong part of the lens. I would have had to walk around with my chin buried in my chest to be able to see through the focus point in the lenses.

Nearly a month passed before the next pair were ready, and I had high hopes for a perfect fit. While my right eye was correctly accommodated, the left eye's vision left much to be desired. I instantly felt very dizzy - to the point of nearly bringing up my lunch - and the optician suggested I may want to go for a vision re-test to confirm the prescription.

So, yesterday, I went for the re-test and was told that the original prescription was correct. This time, my optometrist wrote a note on the back of the prescription form, hoping to help the optician choose the correct "base curve" for my needs.

I've been told that this time, the glasses will be completely manufactured at the main lab, rather than having the lenses cut and transferred back to the local office for final grinding and polishing. Here's hoping these finally do the trick.

No comments: