Wednesday, July 03, 2002

The cheque is in the mail

I'm not sure why I called - I had no reason to believe anything would happen this quickly. But, when I called the MARVIN line to check the status of my unemployment claim, the answer I got was different from any previous call. It said that I had fewer than 26 weeks of eligibility remaining. That was odd, since every call before today's indicated that I was eligible for the full time period. It only started to make sense when I asked the second question - when was my last payment sent.

To my surprise, and unrestrained joy, the message said that a payment had been issued yesterday! My appeal of the ineligibility ruling was granted, and I didn't even have to go for a hearing to get results! I am so happy, I could kiss my caseworker!

No comments: