Wednesday, July 31, 2002

I've had a few really frustrating days. Several years ago, you could find almost any programming tool you needed, free, on the BBS's and then on the internet. Now, all the good stuff has either gone commercial, or disappeared altogether.

The most infuriating thing is, I had all the tools I needed a while back. But, when I changed computers, many of the antiquated utilities were left behind. My reasoning was that I had no need for them, and I could always find them again if I did need them. I can't even understand how a packrat like myself could have ever had such a thought! Anyway, after almost a week of looking, I finally found what I've been looking for, but still have to verify that it will work.

On the packing front, I'm actually starting to get serious. Over the past two days, I've packed up nearly half of my "storage room", but the last half will be the hardest to pack.

And the final decision has been made to NOT bring the cat with us to our new place. I've been searching for a new home for her, where she will get the love and attention she deserves, and where her penchant for soiling carpets and furniture will be overlooked.

No comments: