Wednesday, July 31, 2002

It's a minor annoyance, but still, an annoyance. For those who have clicked on the "Random Website" icon over there on the right, it takes you to a random website. The people who bring you this service have a home page that forces you to click again to proceed to the random site. I figured, why bother... I'll just feature the actual link. To me, it's the same as featuring the link to a person's weblog, rather than to their home page. If it's the weblog you're after, why bother with the interim stop. And if you are interested in the homepage, you can usually find a link to the homepage from the weblog.

Anyway, I'm annoyed that the keepers of this site regularly change the target address for their link. This forces me to keep in step, resulting in me changing my template and republishing my archives. As the archives grow, the republish takes longer. I know this is not a battle I can win in the long run. Eventually, I will tire of this, and just put a link to their homepage. But until that day comes, I'll just be annoyed.

No comments: