Saturday, October 19, 2002

Weekend in Toronto

A weekend in Toronto is like a weekend without family. How depressing. This is the first weekend that I will be away from my wife, and I don't expect it to be any fun at all. For the past two weekends, there were reasons to be back in Windsor. But the cost of such travel, and the lack of a valid reason to be there this weekend means that this will be the first weekend spent in my new "home" city. I don't have many plans, although it appears my search for permanent housing may be over. And, assuming I can pass a credit worthiness check (having a new home and a new job looks bad when you apply for a car loan), I should have a car by next Friday.

Work is going extremely well. I'm doing a really good job, and the boss is recognizing that. I've been quite surprised that he's taken me into the inner circle as quickly as he has; asking that I sit in on important strategy sessions that (I thought) were only attended by the most senior staff. All in all, I take these as very positive signs.

No comments: