Wednesday, October 09, 2002

Work is progressing well. I hadn't forgotten as much of my skillset as I had feared, and it took me less than a week to get back to full speed. Orientation has been cut short, and they have me doing meaningful work. My first assignment, meant to ease me into the business, was completed in a day (they had budgeted five days), and today I was assigned two more issues. I think the bosses are impressed so far.

I've been using the Video Phone software that shipped with the Intel PC Pro to communicate with my wife. I was having limited success with NetMeeting, and this software is working well. Since my bandwidth here is slower (I think it's Cable Lite), there are some issues, but overall, seeing and hearing my wife free of charge is a real hoot.

The only really disappointing thing is the apartment situation. While I'm currently staying with my sister, I don't want to wear out my welcome. Tonight, I visited an apartment complex that I had hoped would accommodate my needs. It was a real dive, and in a rough part of town. Tomorrow, I'll be checking out another area, further afield, but hopefully in a nicer part of the city. Wish me luck.

No comments: