Wednesday, April 23, 2003

Passover - Day 6

I don't deserve to be treated so well. My sister, of bubelech fame, has raised her daughter to be a gracious hostess. Tonight's meal was fit for a king, and I did all I could to pack as much of it away as humanly possible. It's not like I made a pig of myself. I only had seconds on two courses... the salad and the stuffing. It wasn't until later, when I started counting up the courses - chicken soup with matzoh balls, salad, brocolli, chicken, stuffing, and potatos - that I realized just why my pants felt like they were splitting at the seams. I'd like to take credit for passing up on dessert, but truth is, there was no way I was going to be able to fit another mouthful of anything into me!

Nearly three hours after the meal, I'm finally feeling comfortable enough to entertain the notion of lying down to go to bed.

Thank you, Naomi, for a terrific meal!

And Ezra, whom I haven't seen since shortly after his birth in December, is really growing like a weed. I got to play with him for a good half hour before he was hustled off to bed. What a sweetie pie!

There's just two more days left to fend for myself. Judging by the amount of food in the fridge, I shouldn't have any problem!

No comments: