Saturday, November 22, 2003

Don't get me started

I don't read the editorial page of the local newspaper very often. It's not that I don't enjoy the opinions... I enjoy them too much. Rather, I enjoy disagreeing with them too much. Over the past three weeks, I've sent three different letters to the editor. Now, this is a fairly small city, so letters to the editor take only about two to three days to appear in print. Funny thing is, people in this city must read them. I went to my old public school's 75th anniversary celebration last weekend. All the guests wore name tags. A complete stranger came up to me and said "Aren't you the guy that wrote that letter to the editor"? Yes, I was flattered, but I wonder why someone would remember the name of a complete stranger - unless I said something profound???

Beats me.

No comments: