Friday, December 20, 2002

I hate when that happens

I fell asleep on the couch last night in front of the TV. At 2:30AM, I woke up, groggy, to a very noisy infomercial. Normally, this would not be too annoying. I'd just turn off the TV and sleep some more. But today, I felt badly, because, after all, I'm living in someone's basement and (though I don't have to try particularly hard) have not been doing anything that could be considered annoying.

Anyway, after turning off the TV and heading off to bed, I couldn't fall back asleep. As I lay there, tossing and turning, I realized that I had not yet read my email this evening. With a new grand-nephew on the scene, and my parents having arrived in the city tonight, I thought there might be a message waiting for me. My cell phone (the only phone I've had since arriving in Toronto) was low on juice. For all I knew, it could have run down it's charge while I lay sleeping, making contact by phone an impossibility. So, I got out of bed to read my email.

That was over two hours ago... and I haven't read my email yet! Instead, I've read blogs - lots of blogs, not just the ones on my daily reading list. For whatever reason, the people whose blogs I read had interesting links, or comments from interesting people, and I found myself wandering around heretofore unvisited reaches of cyberspace.

About 10 minutes ago, I finally realized that I was starting to feel sleepy, and headed off to bed - only to realize that I still hadn't read my email!

So, I got up again, and wrote this blog entry. And now, it's time to read my email and go to bed.

I promise.

No comments: