Friday, November 29, 2002

Can you believe it? Stefanie has her license! What happened to that little baby girl who was born to my baby sister in Israel just yesterday? On Wednesday, I picked her up after dance class and she was much more gracious than usual. Having lived with her and her mother for that month, I got to see their day-to-day interaction. It was a picture of a mom who would do anything for her daughter, to the point of sometimes taking shit I couldn't put up with. Israelis have a reputation for being more forthright in their opinions and actions than the average North American, and watching those two go at it when neither wants to back down is entertaining (to say the least). Still, I think of my sister as my "baby" sister - and think of her daughter (the youngest of my nieces) as practically a new-born. And now she's driving. God, I'm getting old.

No comments: