Monday, November 18, 2002

Where has the week gone!

It seems it was only yesterday I posted my last entry. I was surprised to see it had been an entire week!

Work has been hectic. There's lots to be accomplished in a very short time, and the level of anxiety is growing. I had previously asked for last Friday off, so I could go back to Windsor for a previously scheduled doctor's appointment and get an early start on the weekend. Seeing my wife after nearly two weeks apart was wonderful, and it was so difficult leaving her to go back to Toronto. I ended up staying in Windsor until 10:00 PM Sunday night before making the nearly 4-hour drive back to Toronto.

When I got back, having driven through some snow squalls, I was white knuckled and anything but sleepy. By 5:00AM, I was still awake and realized I would be in no shape to get up for work, so I tried to send an email to the boss explaining the situation. My cable connection was down (maybe due to the storm?), so I couldn't do that. After sleeping in, I contacted my boss at 10:45AM to say I'd be late. DUH! So, it's off to work soon, with nothing to look forward to except four days of overtime to make up for lost hours. And I don't get to see my wife again until the December 7th weekend.



No comments: