Wednesday, May 28, 2003

Fleetwood Mac's latest

I'm a big Fleetwood Mac fan. They're probably in the top 5 groups in my book (Beatles, Eagles, Queen, Supertramp, Fleetwood Mac). So, I was looking forward to their newest studio album. Overall, I've enjoyed the tracks I've heard on radio, although I can't be the only one who's noticed a significant similarity between the tune in "Peacekeeper" chorus, and the old Paul Simon song "Kodachrome".

George Harrison got in copyright trouble once by lifting a tune from another artist. I'd really like to know if they have permission to rip off Paul Simon's tune.


Keanu Reeve's Generosity

I've heard this from one news outlet, and I'd like to hear from a different source before declaring this as fact, but if true, this is incredible. Often, actors in a blockbuster movie will have a deal that pays them "points" (a percentage of the profit) based on boxoffice performance. The report I heard today was that Keanu Reeve's portion of the points for The Matrix Reloaded comes to a cool $100,000,000 (yes 100 MILLION dollars). News is that he's giving it ALL away. Quoted as having "more money already than I know what to do with", he is reported to have given lavish gifts to the stuntmen on the movie. I didn't get from the news piece whether he's simply "giving it away", or "donating it to charities". Still, if true, that's definitely news!

No comments: