Tuesday, May 13, 2003

Mother's Day Weekend

I'm just now walking in the door, having finally arrived from Windsor. I'll try to keep this short so I can get some sleep before having to head in to work.

Mother's Day Weekend was, in a word, memorable. Starting with an overnight drive to Windsor Friday, and a full schedule of family oriented events Saturday, the entire weekend was devoted to my wife, my mother, Laurie's mother, and our daughters. Everyone was home for the weekend, and it was a grand reunion. With my parents having returned within the past couple of weeks from their winter retreat, I finally had everyone back together. In an effort to avoid the Mother's Day Sunday crowd, my wife and I took her mother, and our three children, and two grandchildren to Colasanti's on Saturday. We spent six glorious hours playing with the grandchildren, taking a liesurely stroll through the petting zoo (more than one pass, actually, thanks to the irresistible goat kids that really knew how to warn your heart and empty your pockets of spare change). While there, we also enjoyed a picnic lunch and a round of indoor golf.

There was much to see, and even more to photograph. As usual, I'll have to get my wife to send me some pics by email so that I can post them here.

Sunday was spent with my parents, whom I hadn't seen since their return. They are looking marvelous, and it was really good to see them. My mom seems to appreciate and approve of the decorating that my wife has done while I've been here in Toronto. I got to see some of her handiwork for the first time this weekend, and I must say, she's quite talented.

I have so much to say, but I can barely keep my eyelids open...

So, goodnight for now.

No comments: