Tuesday, May 20, 2003

What a weekend!

I'm so glad I decided to go home to Windsor for the holiday weekend. Despite having been there last week, I had no regrets about this trip. The weather was beautiful, both for the drives there and back; and for spending quality time together outdoors. Last weekend, I got a chance to walk the dogs with my wife, and it felt good being outdoors. This weekend, I got the opportunity to go on multiple walks, and to also spend time shopping, talking, and just enjoying my wife's company. The focus was on the two of us, and we made the most of our time together.

On Friday, the subject of my move back to Windsor came up at work. I informed the boss of my decision to set a specific date for the move, and he concurred that the date I picked was workable. So, I will be giving my notice at the beginning of July, and at the end of August, I will be back in Windsor, hopefully for good! Sure, there will still be business trips to Toronto, but "home base" will be Windsor. I'm so excited!

I also let my parents know this news, and they were also very happy at the prospect of having me back home with my wife.

No comments: