Saturday, May 03, 2003

Happy birthday, dad!

Riddle me this... who's the world's best dad?

Mine of course, but don't take my word for it. My sisters think so too! And at 83 years young, I hope to be wishing him a happy birthday for many years to come. I can't imagine the world without him (and my mom too, lest she think she's not appreciated). But today's his day, so I hope she'll cut me some slack!

I consider myself very lucky that I've had the benefit of two, loving parents to see me through some rough times. They've taught me a lot about life, and the importance of family.

I was named for his father, so every once in a while, I joke around and call him "son". He seems to enjoy this, and I see a bit of a sparkle in his eye when we play this game. My father is an easy person to like. He used to have a lot of friends, but at his age, he's starting to get to the point where he's outliving them. Just remember, dad, that there are some good friends right here at home, and we're in no hurry to lose you!

No comments: