Saturday, October 11, 2003

Ho-hum

It's been that kind of week. Nothing much to speak about. Maybe the most exciting thing was a visit from my uncle from France. I haven't seen him in about 10 years. He has a new girlfriend. He and his girlfriend are in their 80's, but still quite active. It was actually a pleasure seeing them. They came over to the house for a short visit, and my son charmed them with his three-sentence knowledge of the French language:

Bon jour

Au revoir

and the third one, which I don't know how to repeat, is the standard request a highschool French student needs to learn to get permission to go to the bathroom.


I'm looking forward to this long Thanksgiving Day weekend. It's also Jon's birthday tomorrow, and he's already spent the birthday money we intended to give him. Oh well, at least this year, he'll like his gift.

No comments: