Monday, May 03, 2004

Happy Birthday Dad - Day 2

Day 2 of the birthday marathon went exceedingly well. Christie, Jesse and the kids came. Jonathan also was there, as were my parents (of course), both my sisters and my brother-in-law. And for a while, the dogs were allowed to have the run of the house, a kind of "coming out" party for Jasmine.

She was a great hit, of course. And it was simply amazing how Jasmine got along with Emily and Courtney.

The previous night, my sister had dropped a broad hint that she had intended to buy a DVD player for my dad. She needed my assistance to ensure it would be technically capable of playing all the required types of disks, and be compatible with the old-style TV my dad uses. So, on Sunday morning, we went shopping for the DVD, and after buying one, it was up to me to work out the connection details. My sister gave the DVD player to my dad in the morning. Later, when everyone was over my house, I gave him the second part of the gift - the connection/conversion box needed to feed the signal to his TV set. On Monday, I'll visit my parent's house to install everything.

No comments: